Important things about Facebook and its features
Generally, Facebook is a social media platform that was launched in 2004 by Harvard students Mark Zuckerberg and his friends Chris Hughes, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Eduardo Saverin.
The main objective of creating a Facebook website was to provide an online book of faces for university students to connect and share information.
At first, this social network was functioning for Hardvard later the years.
it was expanded to many universities and also for public usage.
Facebook eventually became a social network for anyone and anywhere in the world.
Facebook is more than just a social networking platform.
it is also acting as a business website for many entrepreneurs, and they can share their business ideologies online. Facebook.com is the only one Meta operates among all other social media. In 2012, Facebook acquired the famous social media site Instagram for $1 billion, and later year 2014, it acquired WhatsApp for $19 billion.
The key feature of Facebook:
Facebook started out as a community, through Facebook login users can share pictures, music, videos, articles, and many more. And also they can share their thoughts and opinions about whatever they have to expose to the world, however many people they like. And also users can connect with their friends, family, colleagues, or people they don’t know from anywhere in the world. Let us see its specialization and features in detail.
- Timeline is the primitive successor to the Facebook wall. Where the complete profile and update of the user are visible. The user timeline includes posts, story updates, friends and followers list, photos, Videos, and user’s all activity information.
- A primitive feature of com is the ability to search and connect with friends, family, colleagues, and strangers across the world. Morov3er, the search interface helps users quickly get connected by sending friend requests and making connections.
- Frequent News feeds are able to see on this platform, the latest news, and headlines are updated as soon as possible on their page. When a user follows the news channel pages they will be notified of the latest news. And users can like and comment on their posts.
- Pages of Facebook, where the pages are the profile and content pages for business on this platform. There are many business profiles and they can share their product or ideology on their page, and people can show their interest in it.
- Users can create communities among their friends or their followers, where communities of interest can organize themselves with the Facebook groups feature, it allows everyone in the group to share their opinion, photo, video, and all other sources, and also they can discuss certain topics, rather than discussing in personal chat as individuals.
- One of the most essential and effective features of this platform is Facebook Marketplace, which is a convenient platform for people to discover, sell or buy products. Users can find their required product by filtering by its category, location, and price. People can sell or buy items on Facebook Marketplace via mobile phone apps as well as the desktop website. But this is only supported in US countries, and there are many restrictions applied on this site.
- Another attractive and useful feature is Facebook messenger, which is an instant messenger site that enables your friend’s list and followers to communicate in real-time via web chat or a mobile app. And it made the conversation more interesting and fun by sending Stickers, emojis, and GIFs.
- Facebook live video, is an amazing feature that enables individuals and businesses to stream live videos to friends and their followers. Users can stream a live video of any incident currently happening via Facebook live.
Benefits of using the Facebook website:
Facebook boomed with over 2.23 billion active users across the world. Moreover, it had tremendous growth among youngsters, and all other people. It allows its user to share their thoughts with full-fledge freedom, even a quote, caption about something, pictures, videos, and many more.
Sources can share all over the world.
Now, this website www.facebook.com is worth billions of dollars and it is one of the most recognizable brands., which has all its essential features under one roof. Here we can see the pros of using this platform.
Connecting with friends-The primary usage of Facebook has always about collecting people all over the world. whether they may known people or unknown people. This website is a wonderful way to connect with new friends and remain update with their activities.
Creating Communities– As we already know that users can create a community of members, for discussing any topic, sharing their ideologies regarding that topic, and sharing information, pictures, videos, and many resources in groups.
Get engage with customers- For entrepreneurs, facebook helps in many ways with brand building.
posting their product pictures.
describing their product details.
and their services.
You can see many business pages on Face book, and while seeing their posts.
we can send direct messages to them and show our interest in their product. So, this may help the business people to keep always engaged with their page.
Job searching– Facebook is often a great way to look at both the personal and professional lives.
who are searching for a job.
Many job seekers may find their required job in the Facebook job post.
Selling goods and services– Generally, the Facebook marketplace is a free platform; Facebook doesn’t charge any fee for it. Unlike other websites, the Face book marketplace is safe and secure to use for buying and selling goods and services.
To conclude, www.facebook.com has admitted to multiple risk factors and identified several safe resources to save on the site. And users are advise to think before posting any picture, video, or other sources. Moreover, users should not share their Face book passwords with strangers and other people. On Facebook that can lead to scams and fraud.
other potential financial loss, so don’t interact with strangers and are advis not to share all personal details.