Things to know about the Hulu and its benefits
Hulu is the top premium streaming service, providing live and on-demand TV and movies. There are a lot of benefits to using hulu and we put together this blog post to help you understand. It is affordable, gets more current shows than any other streaming service, has a great selection of TV shows and movies and you can watch them on your phone, tablet or computer.
What is Hulu?
Hulu is a subscription streaming service that lets you stream live and on-demand television, movies and original series. You can use hulu login on almost any device that supports streaming video content. A Hulu account allows for streaming of up to 50 hours of programming a month for free and over 100 hours if you subscribe to the in-house Hulu Plus service.
What devices do I need to watch Hulu?
The only requirement is that you need to have an internet connection. You can watch your favorite shows on your iPhone, iPad or computer, but at least one of those devices needs to be connected via Wi-Fi or mobile data. They are available at every major cell phone carrier and available at all major carriers in the United States.
Why is Hulu the best choice for you?
- Multiple subscription options: There are three different pricing options for hulu account. You can subscribe to Hulu’s No Commercials plan for $7.99 per month, the Limited Commercials plan for $11.99 per month or the No Commercials plan plus Showtime for $14.99 per month. These plans offer live TV with 50+ top live and on-demand channels as well as an extensive on-demand library with current series and hit movies in HD – all at your fingertips across your favorite devices including smartphones, tablets, PCs and TVs.
- Access to live and on-demand TV and movies with Hulu’s subscription plans: What’s available depends on your subscription level. Hulu’s No Commercials plan is $7.99 per month for limited commercials, the Limited Commercials plan is $11.99 per month for limited commercials and the No Commercials/Showtime plan is $14.99 per month for no commercials or add-on channels. Each of these plans also gives subscribers ease for hulu activate an extensive library of network shows and movies that are available across your devices from anywhere – live, or the next day on-demand.
- Unlimited access to Hulu’s premium streaming library: With your subscription, you’ll get access to everything in the hulu live streaming library, which has the most current hit shows on television – such as Family Guy , The Voice , This is Us and Fear the Walking Dead – as well as acclaimed Hulu Originals like The Mindy Project , The Path and Difficult People.
- Hulu is a live streaming service: Hulu is different from competitors like Netflix and Amazon. You can choose to watch your favorite shows live or on-demand. The one thing you cannot do, however, is skip episodes of a show or fast forward through commercials. Hulu’s optional Commercial Skip allows subscribers to rewind through commercial breaks on live programming and record the program later if they wish.
- It’s free with your subscription: If you subscribe to Hulu’s No Commercials plan, there’s no charge for viewing its originals or library content while connected to the internet. There is a 7-day free trial available.
Things to know about the Hulu and its benefits:
- Pricing: Hulu has three different pricing options. You can subscribe to Hulu’s No Commercials plan for $7.99 per month, the Limited Commercials plan for $11.99 per month or the No Commercials plan plus Showtime for $14.99 per month.
- Number of devices you can watch on: You can watch on two different devices at a time with your subscription – but only one account can be playing at a time. They also have a new offering called “Unlimited Screens” which is $14.
- How to stream using your Hulu account: You don’t have to remember any passwords. Simply enter the Hulu app, Hulu website or use the Hulu channel on an app like Xumo and sign in on TV to start watching.
- How do you watch live streaming with a Hulu account? You can tune into live TV right from your smartphone, tablet or computer with a WiFi connection. If you have an Unlimited Screens subscription, you can be watching live TV while someone else is streaming a program at the same time on another device—like your roommate’s tablet while you are watching The Good Wife on your tablet in another room.
- Digital cable subscriptions still exist: If you have a TV provider that offers digital cable, you can also add Hulu’s Limited Commercials plan and watch it on your TV.
- How do I get a Hulu subscription? You can do it on their website, by calling their customer service line or visit one of their retail locations. You cannot opt out of the trial and will not be able to cancel your subscription during the free trial unless you get another subscription plan and pay the price difference.
- How much data does it take? According to Hulu, a two-hour HD program takes up approximately 450MB of data. The company recommends that you have at least a 1.5Mbps broadband connection for viewing Hulu programs in HD; a 3Mbps connection is needed for Ultra HD content. Your actual results may vary due to your equipment, the number of devices connected, and other factors.
- How well does it work on my mobile phone? When using your iPhone or iPad’s native hulu plans app, you can cast shows and movies to Chromecast, Apple TV or Fire TV through iOS version 10+ while also watching on your iPhone or iPad at the same time.
Final Verdict: Hulu is an affordable service that will get you access to what you need to watch as well as help you decide what you want to watch. You can cancel your subscription whenever you want and they have a great 7-day free trial that allows you to test out the service before paying a dime.
Disclaimer: Hulu offers a free 7-day trial, but they only allow people to cancel their subscription during their 7-days of free trial. If the customer decides to cancel it before the 7 days, they must pay the price difference if they subscribe to a plan which has commercials or an extra fee if they don’t want ads on their Hulu Plus Streaming Service.