What Documents Are Required For A Hungarian Visit Visa?
To be eligible for a Hungary visa, applicants from countries that require visas must meet several requirements. You will not be eligible for a Hungary visa if you fail to meet the requirements.
Therefore, if the application is correctly completed, the chances of getting a favourable decision from the Hungarian embassy will increase. Each visa type has different requirements you must fulfil before applying.
Hungary Visa Fees
The following Hungary short-stay visa types include the visa fee. Additional fees, such as consular, outsourced service, or application form fees, may apply.
- For Adults, its 80 €
- For Children between 6-12 years of age, it is 40 €
- For Children between 0-6 years of age, the visa is free
- For Researchers and Scientists visa is free
- For Family Members of an EEA national visa is free
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Russia Citizens visa fee is 35€
Hungary Visa Application Requirements Of Documents
You are required to present the following essential documents if you have a nationality that is not eligible for visa-free entry to Hungary:
- A completed application form
- Two current photographs on a white background
- A valid passport and visas that have previously been issued
- A round-trip ticket or a flight reservation
- Bank statements, wages, or property revenue are examples of proof of sufficient financial means.
- The Hungarian embassy may also ask you to submit a cover letter, including why you want to travel and when you will leave.
- Proof of suitable lodging, such as hotel reservations or confirmations
- The goal of the visit is clearly stated in the letter.
- Proof of civil status Medical travel insurance for Schengen visa with a minimum coverage of 30,000 euros.
There are some additional supporting document requirements from certain applicants:
- Employment agreement
- A letter from the company stating your absence, length of stay, and confirmation of a return to your current position Bank statement for the last six months
- If applicable, file an income tax return.
- Original bank statements
Copy of business licence Company bank statement for the previous six months
If applicable, file an income tax return.
- Proof of enrollment and a certificate of no objection from the registered school
- Sponsorship documents are required if the applicant cannot sustain himself/herself financially during the stay.
- Proof of the last six months’ pension
- Income from real estate, if appropriate
Where You Can Apply For A Hungary Schengen Visa Application
If you want to apply for a Hungarian Schengen visa, please contact the Hungarian Consulate or a visa application centre in Hungary. In countries that don’t have a Hungarian consulate, a Schengen state consulate could stand in for a Hungarian consulate.
Applications can be submitted to any Hungarian consulate outside the Schengen area if there is no Hungarian consulate or Schengen consulate representing Hungarian interests. Hungarian consulates and visa processing centres where applicants are not citizens or residents need a valid reason to apply.
For example, the applicant is legally resident in another country on a valid permit or visa, and the consulate has accepted the reasons for applying through them and has chosen to process the application.
Steps To Apply For A Hungarian Schengen Visa
- Step 1: First, you all have a clear purpose for visiting Hungary. Your visit’s purpose will help identify the type of visa you should apply for.
- Step 2: Decide how many Entries to Hungary/the Schengen area you need.
- Step 3: Gather all your required documents
- Step 4: If you’re applying for a Hungarian Schengen visa, you may need to book an appointment in advance with the relevant consulate/visa centre. Check with them to determine whether you can leave your documents without prior arrangement during their regular operating hours.
- Step 5: Fill out your visa application form. You can download applications for Hungarian Schengen Visas from the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website or pick up a paper copy at your local Hungarian Consulate or Embassy.
- Step 6: Pay the visa application fee
- Step 7: You must submit your application for a Hungarian Schengen visa at least 15 days before travelling.
Different Hungarian consulates/processing centres may have different procedures for submitting applications, but most applications must be submitted in person.
- Only in exceptional circumstances may an authorised individual apply on your behalf if they have notarised authorisation. Organised travel groups, professional associations or clubs and travel agencies may also submit applications for their clients or members, but you must sign the application.
- When you submit your application, biometric data (fingerprints) will likely be required. Children younger than 12 years may not have their fingerprints collected. Those who have previously submitted fingerprints (within the last 59 months) may not need to resubmit them.
- Upon submitting your application, you may be asked to return later for a personal interview to provide additional information/materials.