Aussie De Minaur warms up for residence slam with Antalya title | Tennis Information
De Minaur, his country’s highest-ranked player at 23rd, was 2-0 up in the first set when the Kazakh pulled out.
The 😈 with his 🏆 (via @alexdeminaur) #AntalyaOpen https://t.co/filaECO4xI
— ATP Tour (@atptour) 1610533559000
De Minaur said victory at the Turkish ATP 250 tournament – his fourth main-tour title – was a massive boost going into next month’s Australian Open.
“At the start of the year that’s what you need,” he told reporters. “I knew I had put in a great pre-season, I was ready to compete.
“I just think I gave myself the best possible chance to go deep into this tournament and I’m happy how it finished.”
The 21-year-old missed last year’s Australian Open due to an abdominal strain.
“It was a bittersweet moment last year so hopefully a year later I can come back stronger and have a great Aussie summer,” he said.
“I am really looking forward to going back home and (to) play in front of the home crowd, that’s for sure.”
Bublik had twisted his right leg during Tuesday’s semi-final victory over France’s Jeremy Chardy.
“I twisted my ankle yesterday… I was in the physio room for three hours yesterday and I tried to get ready for the match today,” he told the ATP Tour website.